Fabio Fognini is more inclined events in the US this year.

Fabio Fognini is more inclined events in the US this year.

Fabio Fognini is more inclined towards European clay courts than hard-court events in the US this year.

During the current time of unpredictability of air travel, tennis professionals are skeptical about their trip to New York this year. Most non-Americans are not ready to play the US Open 2020. All this is due to the risk involved in travel and unexpected situations in the country. Similarly, Italian tennis player Fabio Fognini is more inclined towards European clay courts than hard-court events in the US this year.

While the tennis tour was called off after Foggini’s surgery on both of his ankles. Now recovering, he plans to resume his practice session from Monday. His coach Corrado Barjutti will begin his preparations for the clay season. And this year they are aiming to qualify for the ATP Finals 2020.

“We expect the clay season to be held in Madrid, Rome and Paris. Fabio can continue with the European indoor season with the goal of qualifying for the ATP finals,” Barrazutti told Superton.

Seeing whether coronovirus will allow us to continue this plan. Fabio will resume training gradually from Monday. Fabio is in good condition and recovered after surgery. We are very confident.

Barzuti is highly suspicious of the US Open to be held in August this year. He described the move to the US as ‘too complicated’ during the widespread spread of the virus. The tournament will announce its final decision on its decision in mid-July. And there is a possibility that the Mayor of New York will discontinue the event.

“There is not enough time to play in the US Open. If I can express my opinion, I am confident that the US Open will be held this year. The situation in America is very serious and I doubt it will improve in a short time. Going to USA is very complicated. Players do not want to go there. Speaking too complicated to play in a country, which is still harder than COVID-19, ”said Barajutti.

Last year, Italian champion Fabio Fognini took the biggest title of his career at the Monte Carlo Masters. On their way to the title, they defeated the ultimate ‘King of Clay’ Rafael Nadal in these semi-finals.

admin

admin

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

%d bloggers like this: